Why deGRANDSON chose ISO 21001 over IRCA and Exemplar
We have chosen ISO 21001 certification because, unlike IRCA and Exemplar badges (which in our opinion are commercially compromised), it is based on independent third-party assessment. It is a ‘university grade’ standard in use globally by schools, colleges, and universities to demonstrate their competence.
ISO 21001 focuses on the specific interaction between an educational organization, the learner, sponsors and other relevant interested parties. It specifies requirements for an Educational Organization Management System (EOMS) when such an organization:
- Needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide, share and facilitate the construction of knowledge while conforming with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Aims to enhance the satisfaction of learners, other customers and personnel through the effective application of its EOMS, including processes for improvement of the system;
- Can demonstrate compliance with the Standard’s requirement through independent third-part assessment by an accredited Certification Body.
Our EOMS incorporates the requirements of ISO 29993 (vocational training) and ISO 29994 (distance learning).
By implementing and maintaining an ISO 21001-based EOMS we demonstrate successful application of these principles:
- Focus on learners, sponsors, and other beneficiaries,
- Visionary leadership,
- Engagement of people,
- Process approach,
- Continual improvement,
- Evidence-based decisions,
- Relationship management,
- Social responsibility,
- Accessibility and equity,
- Ethical conduct, and
- Data security and protection.
Further information on ISO 21001:2018
Where does the ISO 21001 Standard apply and why is it important?
All requirements of ISO 21001 are generic and intended to be applicable to educational organizations that provide, share and facilitate the construction of knowledge through teaching, training or research, regardless of type, size and the product and service provided. The standard, therefore, applies to the management system of any organization utilizing a curriculum to provide, share and transfer knowledge.
There is a critical and continuous need for educational organizations to evaluate the degree to which they meet the requirements of learners and other customers, in order to improve their ability to continue to do so.
ISO 21001 focuses on the specific interaction between an educational organization, the learner and other customers.
Who will benefit from ISO 21001-compliant management systems?
Although learners and educational organizations worldwide are the main beneficiaries of this new management system standard, all stakeholders (i.e. everyone) will benefit from the output of standardized management systems in educational organizations.
Educational organizations that will benefit from the standard include colleges, universities, adult education, special education schools, vocational education and training providers.
Specific benefits include …
- Enhanced social responsibility by providing inclusive and equitable quality education for all
- More personalized learning and effective response to all learners, in particular those with special education needs and distance learners
- Consistent processes and evaluation tools to demonstrate and increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Increased credibility of the educational organization
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to effective quality management practices
- Development of a culture for organizational improvement
- Stimulation of excellence and innovation
How is ISO 29993 and ISO 29994 relevant to deGRANDSON’s eLearning courses?
These are two education-related Standards that are not themselves auditable. To address the requirements specified in these Standards we have included their requirements in our OEMS system.
The full titles of the Standards are …
- ISO 29993: 2017, Learning services outside formal education – Service requirements. It specifies requirements for learning services outside formal education, including all types of life-long learning (e.g., vocational training and in-company training, either outsourced or in-house). These include any learning services provided by a learning service provider (LSP) that are addressed to learners themselves, as well as to sponsors who are acquiring the services on behalf of the learners. The key features of these kinds of services are that the goals of learning are defined, and the services are evaluated, and that they involve interaction with the learner.
- ISO 29994:2021, Education and learning services – Requirements for distance learning. This document specifies requirements for distance learning services not specified in ISO 29993. It is applicable to any distance learning services that are addressed to learners themselves as well as to sponsors who are acquiring the services on behalf of the learners.
Who are the BQAI?
Our ISO 29990 Certificate was issued by Business Quality Assurance International (BQAI), an Accredited Certification Body with the Irish National Accreditation Board (INAB).
INAB is a signatory to the European cooperation for Accreditation (EA) Multilateral Agreement and the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) Multilateral Arrangement for Management Systems Certification.
Go here to view the BQAI’s Accreditation Certificate.
Your Auditor Certificate will display the ISO 21001 Logo
Facsimile of our ISO Auditor Certificates.